Self Performance Review

Graduation Man Project

In this project, my class was asked to design a suit jacket on a man. The template image was a man in a brown suit jacket, who had brown hair. The project took me about a week and a half to complete. My biggest challenge with this project was choosing my design. I was stuck between using a Kanye West inspired project or a Kendrick Lamar one. Kanye's famous bear logo fit better on the jacket though. I learned how to use the black and white adjustment layer in this project. Making the man black and white provides nice contrast between the vibrant purples I used in the project. I think that this project went pretty well. I tried hard on it and for being one of my first projects, it went well.

Pop Art Project 



In class, we made an image inspired by pop art. This project took me about 2 weeks to complete. The hardest part about this project was choosing the right colors. At first i thought that a blue background would suit the picture best but I made Avery’s skin red. I think that this project went well but it was not as good as the first one.

How did you use your time in class

Q:How did you stay productive in the times that you finished early or
thought you 
were done?
A: I could use some improvement in this aspect. I often times just listened to music but I could start searching for ways to enhance my project

Q: How did you use extra time to enhance, research or better your
project?
A: I studied artist who used similar styles and applied them to my projects, especially with my pop art project

Q:What do you do outside of class to enhance your work as a graphic
design student or to better your projects?
A:I drew outlines of what I wanted to do in class at home

Q:What are your areas in need of improvement (communication skills, technical
skills, project management skills, time management skills, leadership skills,
creativity)?
A:I feel like I need to manage my time better in class. I get unfocused too often

Q:What are your strengths as an employee or graphic design student?
A: I feel like I have good ideas. I'm never out of ideas and I know what I want to do in my head.


Conclusion 

My favorite part about the semester was being able to have control over the projects you did, like with the pop art project. I would use class time better if I had to do it all over again. Next semester I would like to have zero late or missing assignments, I'll have to start coming in during Raven 50 more to achieve this goal. I think the semester was fun but I can work a lot harder.

Comments

Popular Posts