Graphic Design 2nd Semester

Vector Ilustrator Project 

This was a vector illustrator project where I vectored myself. The entire project took me about two weeks to complete. I faced a few challenges when doing this project. There were two options of how to create the vector project. My classmates and I had the option to do an organic vector or do a low poly vector. At first I attempted to do the organic vector but that method was hard for me to complete. I had trouble sectioning of what parts of my face were different colors and so I switched to the low poly vector. This was easier for me and I learned some new tools in Adobe Illustrator like how to make a grid. The grid was used to section the image so I could draw triangles that I filled with color once complete. I was talking to people who I was sitting close to and they said that I should fill the big spaces on my project that had the same color with larger triangles. This made the project go quicker and made the coloring process go faster. Overall, I think this project was just okay. It wasn't amazing it was just average. I'd give it a 7/10 if I had to rate it.

Final Logo Design 

For this assignment, we had to create our own specialized logos. First I made 30 sketches and chose 5 of them to create in Adobe Illustrator. The entire project took me around 4 days to complete. The biggest challenge I had with this project was coming up with 30 sketches. After around 15 sketches I ran out of ideas for a personal logo. I looked to the internet for inspiration and I was able to come up with 15 more sketches.  This project taught me how to design a cool looking logo that represents yourself. While a logo is a small image, it can represent a lot. My original idea for my main logo was to have a music note represent the letter D in my name. While that was a good idea, the logo looked clunky in my opinion. So I decided to go with a multi colored letter N with my last name under it. In my opinion this logo looks a lot more sleek. Overall, I think this is one of the best projects I have done all year.





Concert Poster Project

     This was my favorite project this year. We were assigned to make a fake concert/exhibit for an artist of our choice. I chose to do Earl Sweatshirt. Including preparing the presentation, the project took about 1 month to finish. The hardest part about the project was coming up with ideas. I actually made a poster before I made the cloudy days poster but it wasn't very good. I took some advice some my peers and I thought about how to improve the aesthetic of my photo. I also took a lot of inspiration from Earl's music when making this poster. I know his music is dark and dejected a lot of the time so I decided to make a dark themed poster. The cloudy days title and the black and white image in the poster make it seem pretty sad. Overall, I think this is the best project I completed in graphic design all year, and I'm glad this was one of the last projects we did because I feel like I ended on a good note with this project.
       

I always had something to do during class because I never really finished assignments early. I had to focus on not talking to my friends to stay productive and I got better at that later on int the year. I did some independent research on how to improve my skills especially for the concert project. I could've looked at my projects more critically this year. That's something I regret and I could've done better if I judged myself a little harder. Outside of class, I stayed after school to work on projects and that helped make them better.
     

I think I have good ideas. My biggest strength is coming up with interesting things and I am able to make them. I can take inspiration from a lot of things and put them in my work. I hope to keep the good ideas coming in e-comm next year.
     

My biggest weakness is staying focused. This year I had trouble because I sat next to people who I talk to a lot. This hindered me from doing my best work. I improved on this as the year went on but I hope to improve even more next year. Being unfocused lead to me doing subpar work sometimes.


My favorite part about sophomore graphic design was doing the concert project. I listen to music a lot and it's something I'm very passionate about. Being able to make a tribute to one of my favorite artist was a lot of fun. If I had to change something in this class I would sit farther away from my friends so I could focus better. In junior year my main goal is to keep coming up with new ideas and to keep having fun. I had a great time in graphic design and e-comm as a whole this year.




Comments

Popular Posts